Saturday, July 12, 2008

Harold Fry Fish pon Bay Street

they say the best or worst advertising ya can get is by word of mouth (or finger in this case), so here it goes. my cuz been raving bout this fish n chips he get from some man down Bay Street. So finally yesterday he say he carr'ing me for some, his treat. well ya know i is a man that like my belly so i indulge he. land by this Harold (aka Harry) character and there were about 20 people in the line already. Looking around the accomodations were not all that. in fact we were standing in line on a rocky path to the beach. So i standing here watching the guy serve the styrofoam crates and i thinking that my toes burning me from netball and i'd rather be in my bed. So after an hour in the line, the people around me are starting to grumble because, well its an hour we been there. Others popping out of nowhere and getting them food (apparently they ordered ahead) and rolling out. i beginning to get a lil frustrated but the fact that people shifting with 9 and 10 portions got me wondering still. cuz tells me the wait is worth it and i trying to balance that against easing by the little man in de purple hat and waiting two minutes.

anyway, to cut an already long story short, we waited one and a half hours. i sat and opened my crate and the first thing that struck me is that this was enough food to feed a small army. i grabbed a chip, then some salad and smiled. they were both perfect. but now its time to pass final judgement so i tear off a bit of fish, and after waiting a hour and a half, all i can say is.....

DAMMNNNNN!!!!!!!! THAT WUKKIN!!!!!!!

Bay Street by the old fish market friday n saturday. i going back fo sure (but i getting there earlier)

no pics this time, when i bite the fish i fuhget to take the shot :(

2 comments:

  1. When you drop de netball line I just pictured you in a skirt. Priceless I tell you. How much for this fish cause it sounding like next week Friday flex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolol

    yup that netball thing.....

    but de fish sound good as rangate...

    ReplyDelete