Saturday, October 6, 2007

i think its been long enough that I can start to celebrate ...

... I've quit smoking. Haven't had a cigarette since June1st this year and it's going great. The cravings are gone and everything. I don't feel any better though, and I am still broke but I guess the long term benefits will out-weigh these short term gains.

For those out there who want to quit, here are a few things I did.

1. You must really want to quit. It's not a 'everybody's doing it, so why can't I?'. That approach will never work.
2. Gums, patches and the works are useless. Once again you must decide for yourse;lf and then work towards the goal.
3. I began to reduce my smoking gradually till i was down to 3 - 4 for a weekend and none during the week. It was great when people I work with everyday didn't even know I smoked since I didnt have that slly odour following me around.
4. Nothing is easy. I really stopped in early May but I gave in on the last weekend of the month. It felt like I had failed but I put my mind to it again and stuck with it.

Amazingly, I now can smell that smell people always told me about. Ya know when a smoker comes up to you and you can't concentrate since the smell is overpowering? I guess having been on both sides of the fence I can understand.

Anyway, Mind Over Matter

2 comments: